Thursday, September 04, 2008

Media Bias?


OK. Everyone I know claims Fox News shows extreme bias and CNN is the fair and balanced network. I see extreme bias in both networks. In fact, it is hard to watch or read any "news" these days as there always seems to be some slant in the reporting. I'm not a Sarah Palin fan. Don't really know much about her, beyond the tabloid fodder the media enjoys throwing around. But I am disappointed with the photo CNN chose to put on their web homepage from last night's speech. I'm sure the hand gesture must have been caught mid-wave, but the choice of the image - Sarah Palin apparently offering a hand gesture so clearly associated with Adolf Hitler - shows extreme bias against her selection, at the very least. Don't tell me that news professionals had no clue what they were doing when they posted this. I'd be just as appalled if it were an image of Biden, Obama, McCain, or even Bush. Trashy, trashy, trashy photojournalism. I expect better.

No comments: