Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Fall Semester - Day One

Our fall semester began today. It was great to see several students who were away for the summer. But even for those who studied through the summer, today felt like a fresh start. Summer is a time for fun, and I teach accordingly. Now we're all back to business, which is still fun, but more intense - in a good way.

I've been working on organizing my office today. The installation of new carpet forced me to box everything up and move it, and now I need to move back in. I've taken this opportunity to go through absolutely everything and it's amazing the stuff I have packed away. I found some cherished CDs that I thought had long disappeared, and even some old photos, including one of me and my prom date, in full prom dress and tux, taken in June 1984. Wow. But such discoveries do nothing but slow my progress. I'll get it done, though. And I'll feel better about my "stuff", much of which has been disorganized in random storage boxes. Time to really deal with the clutter and find a proper place for everying.

I love September!

No comments: