Saturday, September 13, 2008

Heading to Chautauqua

For the next five days, Sunday through Thursday, I'll be teaching saxophone at the Chautauqua Institue in New York. Right now I am in Corning New York, at a Days Inn, where I'll be staying before making the final leg of the trip tomorrow. I'll be teaching at the International New Horizons Band Camp, a camp for adults who play band or string instruments. I'll have several ensembles and sectionals that I'll teach each day, and I'll even sit in and play with the beginner band to help out the "young" musicians. This is the first time I've ever taught at this camp and I'm honored to have been invited by New Horizons founder Roy Ernst.

My plan is to post to the blog once or twice a day, including photos from the camp. I'm hoping for at least a little sun, to enjoy the outdoors and get some great photos of the grounds. But at the moment it is raining, and we may be feeling the effects of hurricane Ike later this week. Regardless, I've been told I'll have internet access, so you'll be hearing from me one way or another.

Eight hours of the drive down, two and a half to go. For now, some R&R.

No comments: