Monday, September 08, 2008

800 posts today and counting...

I just visited the Dresden Dolls bulletin board site THE SHADOW BOX and discovered that I am not the only one waiting for the pre-sale purchase links to become active on www.whokilledamandapalmer.com. After praising Amanda and her team just a few days ago on this marketing approach, I'm beginning to think that there are some complications they didn't foresee. Yet, if they can get the links up and working by 5 p.m. Eastern Time, I bet all will be forgiven and forgotten. But right now there is a lot of anxiety in Amanda's fan base. As someone who works in a customer service industry, it will be interesting to see how they handle this one, especially if they can't manage to get the site working properly by the end of the day.

Whenever I have a potential customer service disaster, I ask myself one question. What can I do to turn this experience around so that, rather than an angry, disgruntled customer, I end up with a happy, life-long client/customer? The clock is ticking, and before long, if the problem isn't fixed, they will have to ask themselves this question.

Until then, I'll keep hitting refresh on my browser, in hopes of discovering the long-awaited link.

More later...

No comments: