Sunday, September 14, 2008

Exhausting First Day

Not going to write much now. It is only 9 p.m., but the past 12 hours have been non-stop and pretty exhausting. Looking very much forward to a great day tomorrow. Today we launched the band camp with back to back large ensemble rehearsals. I sat in with Band 1 (the beginner band) most of the day, though I had a chance to sit in with Band 2 for a few minutes as well. Everyone is very friendly, excited to be here. It truly has the feel of the "first day of summer camp." It's amazing that it will be done in four days.

Tomorrow I get to work with the saxophones. I'm looking very much forward to this. My first class is at 9 a.m. I hope to have photos and detailed info about the experience tomorrow. So far, I'll say the Chautauqua grounds are pretty amazing - not at all what I expected.

More later...good night!

No comments: