Saturday, April 28, 2007

An Afternoon of Disc Golf

This afternoon, my two sons and I hit the disc golf course in Dover and had a great time. Before I get to the scoring, I have to say that it was my most consistant and probrably best round of my life. I was getting good distance on my drives and most of my shots were going where I intended. And the boys played wonderfully. Jake actually would have beat Max if he had been a little more patient with his close putts. He'll figure it out soon and I predict that Max will have a hard time keeping up with his little brother on the course. Heck, I'll have a hard time keeping up with both of them soon.

We had to start on the 4th hole because the bridge at the course had been knocked out in last week's storms (see photo below). We played holes 4 through 18 and then finished with the first three holes.

I drove from the blue T's (farthest from the hole) and the boys drove from the white T's, with the exception of the eighth hole, which they drove from the blue T and the 16th, where the blue and white are at the same spot. We all Tee'd off on the first hole from the white tee because the bridge, as I said, was washed out, preventing me from Teeing off from my usual spot. First a few pictures and then the scores.




Our Scores:

Hole Four Jake: 6, Max: 7, Dad: 4

Hole Five Jake: 5, Max: 6, Dad: 4

Hole Six Jake: 4, Max: 4, Dad: 4

Hole Seven Jake: 6, Max: 4, Dad: 4

Hole Eight Jake: 6, Max: 5, Dad: 4

Hole Nine Jake: 8, Max: 6, Dad: 4*

Hole Ten Jake: 7, Max: 6, Dad: 4

Hole Eleven Jake: 4, Max: 4, Dad: 6*

Hole Twelve Jake: 6, Max: 6, Dad: 3!

Hole Thirteen Jake: 8, Max: 8, Dad: 6

Hole Fourteen Jake: 4, Max: 4, Dad: 4

Hole Fifteen Jake: 3!, Max: 6, Dad: 4

Hole Sixteen Jake: 7, Max: 8, Dad: 4

Hole Seventeen Jake: 7, Max: 6, Dad: 6

Hole Eighteen Jake: 5, Max: 6, Dad: 4

Hole One Jake: 4, Max: 5, Dad: 4

Hole Two Jake: 7, Max: 5, Dad: 4

Hole Three Jake: 7, Max: 5, Dad: 6

Round Totals: Jake: 105, Max: 102, Dad: 80

No comments: