Tuesday, January 20, 2015

FACULTY SPOTLIGHT: Kate Bogosian


If you've stopped by PMAC lately, you've probably noticed a new face at the desk. We'd like to give a warm welcome to our new Office Assistant, Kate Bogosian! With a big smile, a kind heart and a hard working attitude - Kate is an awesome addition to the PMAC team. Next time you stop in - be sure to introduce yourself and say hello!

Kate has been working and immersed in the arts for many years. To officially welcome her to PMAC, we asked her a few questions about who she is and what she enjoys.


PMAC: Welcome to PMAC! Are you an artist yourself? 

Kate Bogosian: I am! I studied photography at the University of New Hampshire. I work almost entirely in film and enjoy collecting old cameras. People are my favorite subjects because I enjoy the challenge and enjoy breaking the boundaries we develop with other individuals 


PMAC: What other experience do you have working in the Art/Music world? 

KB: I was the Visual Resource Center Fellow my senior year at UNH. There I learned about digitization and art preservation. Although Slides are becoming a rare form of art, I find them an important part of the history of art. My other important personal experience in the art world was interning at Drift Gallery in Portsmouth. I received hands on experience with Alison Goodwin, learning all the aspects of running a gallery from curation to hosting an opening. I also got a chance to meet amazing artists and to become involved in the community. 


PMAC: Who was your favorite/most influential teacher?

KB: My most influential teacher was Paul Dumonowski, my very first photography teacher. In 7th grade I was placed in Paul`s Darkroom Photography class at the Worcester Center for Crafts. Paul is an amazing artist himself and believed in discipline as well as fun. He is one of the kindest and most patient humans I have come in contact with. He remains a part of my life to this day and we still meet up for artist critiques and pot luck dinners. 


PMAC: Who is your favorite visual artist?

KB: What kind of question is that?! AH! I used to sneak-read Diane Arbus books which my parents thought I was too young to look at. She has pretty much set the bar since. 


PMAC: If you were a musician, what instrument would you play?

KB: Definitely would have to be an instrument I could play while dancing...



Thank you Kate! 

No comments: