Sunday, October 12, 2008

Faculty Guest - Mark Zielinski

Mark is one of PMAC's trumpet instructors. In addition to teaching at PMAC, he is currently teaching a class at UNH in the Music Department. With an extensive background in music education, Mark is a wonderful teacher, conductor and trumpet player. Here are his answers to a few of my questions:

Who was your most important/inspiring teacher/mentor and why?
All of my private teachers and collegiate band directors. I learned a lot from every one of them, just at different stages in my development, so I can't say that one was more significant than another. They all shaped me into who I am now.

What was the most unusual performance you've given? Or most unusual venue you've performed at?
Playing in a Madrigal Dinner concert. We had to wear outfits typical of that time in history (Renaissance Period - 15th and 16th century) and play fanfares on piccolo trumpets. It is not like performing in a suit or tuxedo.

What album/CD do you love to listen to that you think others would be surprised to hear you like?
I like to listen to bluegrass music sometimes; not your typical trumpet player "stuff".

What advice do you have for a young student who is considering art or music as a career?
My advice would be to work hard at it. You will find that the harder you work at it, the more you will like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I MISS Z!!!!