Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stress

Life is stressful. And the more productive, active, interactive, and successful you are, the more stressful it gets. One way I deal with stress is by taking time to be creative. Since playing saxophone is my profession, I have other creative outlets that help me deal with stress. I take drawing lessons and draw, pencil on paper. This is challenging for me, I enjoy it, and it removes me from my everyday world. I can easily lose myself for an hour or more in my drawing pad - just me, my subject (so far all of my subjects are inanimate objects), and my pencils and paper. I emerge from my drawing time refreshed, renewed, and alive. I may not always be ready to return to "the grind", but I'm much better for it just the same.

How do you handle stress?

No comments: