Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December!

That special time of year has arrived and is in full swing. And it looks as if snow is on the way! I'm back in the gym, having recovered from a recent back injury (thanks, Dad - Chiropractor extrordinaire!), and trying to fight the national trend to gain weight this month. How are you taking care of yourself? When you ponder this question, don't forget your creative self. We all need to be able to express our creativity. And preferrably in a way outside of our ordinary, day to day lives. I, for example, am an ameteur writer. Poetry, short stories...I've even attempted novel writing. Nothing I would share, music remains my public art form. But even creative professionals have non-professional ways to express themselves. Composer Arnold Schoenberg painted (as many composers I know do). Writer Stephen King plays in a rock band. What do you do? And if the answer is "not much," think more on this as the new year approaches. And if music or art is something you find interesting, DO IT! Poetry, sculpture, photography, jazz, whatever. It is never too late.

No comments: