Saturday, February 28, 2009

Done

The Poo Poo Platters handed in their CD at RPM Central (the offices of The Wire newspaper) this afternoon at approximately 3:30 pm. We ran into George on our way in - he had just dropped off his CD. Congrats to George and all the others who completed this year's challenge. I, unfortunately, never found the time to record. I take solace in the fact that I make my living as a musician/educator, so I get to make music every day.

The new CD is titled "Devil's Beat" and the tracks are as follows:
  1. Disco Devil
  2. Knights and Kings
  3. Devil's Beat
  4. The Bird Keeps Crying
  5. Vanity Fair
  6. Brazil
  7. Splat
  8. Flags of the World
  9. Drum Beat
  10. Funkin' It 2000
  11. Shoot Me
  12. August
  13. Jam/Those Girls
  14. Dad Says Homework, I Say Rock

Two of the tracks are up at www.myspace.com/thepoopooplatters. The boys wrote all of the songs themselves. The only title they didn't come up with on their own is "Dad Says Homework, I Say Rock", which was the winning title in a title contest they had on the RPM website discussion board. It was another amazing February of bonding with the boys and recording their music. Hard to believe this is the third straight year we've done this. Awesome.

No comments: