Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home Alone

In a very rare occurance I find myself home alone for 34 hours straight. Katie headed to NYC this morning with Anna and will not return until late tomorrow and the boys are visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Arlington, MA. Katie is in the city to see Ani DiFranco in concert, and since I'm playing in the band for the PHS production of Grease this weekend, she was very kind arranging to have the kids visit Lori and Ted. So my day involved:


  • Driving my parents to the airport (they've gone to Florida for Thanksgiving)

  • Doing a little bit of uninterrupted web surfing

  • Walking downtown to the Music Hall to see a group of PMAC kids perform at the annual Clavinova Festival (see photo below)

  • Having a leisurely late afternoon meal at The Friendly Toast where I relaxed reading Alex Ross' new book (I'm so full I'm regretting that one a bit now)

  • Heading from there to Cafe Kilim to enjoy a decaf coffee and continue reading my book

  • And now I find myself at PMAC catching up on some work (and taking a little break to write a blog entry)

  • Next up: a 7 p.m. show of Grease at PHS - and I might stop in at Ginna's on the way (she's having a little get-together)

  • Later tonight I'm going to try to stop by Bourbons where Rattlesnake Shake is playing a benefit concert for PMAC

Will I be able to sleep in tomorrow with no one in the house? I certainly hope so.



No comments: