Sunday, January 07, 2007

Home

We've arrived back home from our fab vaca. I have many photos and stories to post about London - and I hope to get to that later today. For now I'm adjusting to the time change...

I've been up since about 2:30 a.m. - it's 4:30 a.m. now - and I've been listening to music. Max got a very cool book for Christmas: "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die." It's amazing how many of these albums I know of, but have never heard. The list comes with its inherent problems - it is only representative of the opinions of the writers. But it has a lot of great music on it.

So I sit here in the early morning listening to several of the albums from the list that I have downloaded from Napster (I love my Napster To Go service!).

Here is what I find myself listening to this morning. I've begun with the first album listed from each decade - as good a place to start as any. The book covers 50 years, 1955-2005:

  • 1955: In the Wee Small Hours - Frank Sinatra
  • 1960: Joan Baez - Joan Baez
  • 1970: Cosmo's Factory - Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • 1980: Kings of the Wild Frontier - Adam and the Ants
  • 1990: Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
  • 2000: Lost Souls - Doves

This will be my playlist this week. I'll write about London a bit later. And hopefully I'll be back on local time soon!

No comments: