Thursday, May 19, 2005

No Spoiler Star Wars III Review

I don't want to spoil anything, so I will refer to all characters as XXX, all locations as YYY, and all events as ZZZ.

Being of the Star Wars generation, Katie and I went to see Episode III, Revenge of the Sith, on opening day. There is a lot of expectation surounding this film, as this is when George Lucas finally reveals how XXX finally becomes XXX. I guess I'll start with the visuals.

The computer animation folks at Industrial Light and Magic have once again raised the bar. I never knew YYY could look so realistic, quite beautiful. And XXX looked more alive than ever, especially when ZZZ. The ZZZ were more crowded than ever, and stunning in their detail. But there are problems. Like, I didn't follow how XXX could have ZZZ based on ZZZ and his relationship with XXX

UNNAMED ACTOR did a fabulous job as XXX. I was convinced of ZZZ. But ANOTHER UNNAMED ACTOR didn't come across as well on the screen. Unfortunate. But that is no reason to leave this installment out in the rain.

If you've seen the others, you know you must go see this last one. Trust me, when you see XXX at YYY with XXX during ZZZ, you might just be moved to tears.

No comments: